[CM] CSH needed while trying examples of "notes from metalevel" (Cap. 12)

andersvi@extern.uio.no andersvi@extern.uio.no
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 21:13:10 +0200

'/bin/csh' is the default shell invoked by the #'shell-command.  I
think you can safely change it to '/bin/bash' - either in your
~/.cminit.lisp file or down in src/sbcl.lisp:

 (defun shell (cmd &key (wait t) (output t))
   (sb-ext:run-program "/bin/bash" (list "-c" cmd)
                       :output output :wait wait))

Rick, Fernando, Kjetil - isn't /bin/bash a safer shell to put in there
nowadays?

-anders

    p> Hi, I'm learning CM... I've installed CM on an Ubuntu-Studio
    p> (Feisty) system. I'm running it with Xemacs, SLIME and
    p> SBCL... I had successfully evaluated that line:

    p> in the section "Interaction 2: Generating a MIDI event to a
    p> MIDI file." (pg.105-107 of the book) I had successfully
    p> evaluated this line:

    p>    (define one (new midi :time 0 :keynum 60 :duration 2))

    p> But when I try to send the events to a mid file with

    p>    (events one "myscore.mid")

    p> I get this error:

    p>    no such program: "/bin/csh" [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

    p> Well... it seems it is configures to use csh. Could I configure
    p> it to use bash? Where and how?