[CM] rts midi question

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Mon, 04 Jun 2007 22:30:57 -0700

--------------050806070104060509060902

Ok - total newbie question...

I was hoping to use CM on my Linux system to send midi events in real
time to a number of softsynths.  Is this possible?  I had been assuming
I would open up multiple streams...

(defparameter *ws1* (portmidi-open :output "WhySynth 20070418 DSSI
plugin" :latency 0))
(defparameter *ws2* (portmidi-open :output "ZynAddSubFX" :latency 0))

Initialize rts...
; Start the real-time system with no default output stream.
(rts nil :time-format :msec)

And then OUTPUT to *ws1* and *ws2*.  However, it turns out that *ws2*
equals *ws1* and all events go to WhySynth.  So does this mean you can
only have portmidi open to a single device?  Is there any way of doing
what I want?

Thanks,

AG

--------------050806070104060509060902