[CM] normalize-sound is an unbound variable

e deleflie edeleflie@gmail.com
Fri, 6 Jul 2007 00:47:26 +1000

> If you need to specify position and duration, you can use
> "scale-selection-to". If not, "scale-to" should be enough.

there is a slight complication which is that I am dealing with a 4
channel file ... and all channels have to be scaled by an equal amount

to use scale-to I would have to first establish which channel has the
highest amplitude, then go through the other channels and find their
highest amplitude... divide them to find out what the equivalent
scale-to should be for each independent channel and then apply the
scale-to 4 times with 4 different values each time.

normalize-sound, which advertises that it functions on a sound rather
than a channel, would do all that for me (theoretically)...

... unless there is a scale-to version that can work on a sound
instead of a channel?

Etienne