[CM] How to install snd from cvs correctly ?

Michael Scholz scholz-micha@gmx.de
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 03:57:01 +0100

> oops -- I somehow confused my spec file (for RPM) with the makefile, and all
> this time I assumed that the *.scm/fs/rb files would be installed in some
> globally accessible directory by 'make install'.

You may use the following line in Snd's makefile.in where
@datarootdir@ == ${prefix}/share.

pkgdatadir = @datarootdir@/snd

Then you can add this path to the load-path (in snd-main.c, I think).
The scripts may or may not be divided in
${pkgdatadir}/scheme|ruby|forth (with different load paths).

A place for scripts separated from the cvs tree would be indeed better
for tests etc.

Mike