[CM] [Snd] Success with Fink GTK and JackOSX?

vze26m98 vze26m98@optonline.net
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 15:45:34 -0500

Hi all-

Just a preliminary inquiry: has anyone had success with Snd-8 compiling
under Tiger 10.4.8 (PPC) with the Fink GTK+-2.0 packages? I followed a
combination of the suggestions found in the Snd readme and Juan Reyes'
"Linux Survival Guide," but get only as far as the Snd main window,
unworking menu choices, and numerous complaints in my terminal window.

Snd-8 compiles just fine for me using Fink Motif (openmotif3). Excepting
a linker warning that _environ is defined both in crtc0 and guile, or
some such...

Also, I tried compiling with Jack support, thinking of using JackOSX,
but get the following:

gcc -c    -O2 -I. -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -I/sw/include
-I/usr/X11R6/include   -I/usr/local/include    audio.c
audio.c:8475: error: static declaration of 'mus_audio_initialize'
follows non-static declaration
_sndlib.h:406: error: previous declaration of 'mus_audio_initialize' was
here
audio.c: In function 'jack_mus_audio_initialize':
audio.c:8504: error: 'api' undeclared (first use in this function)

...and so forth.

Happy to provide more info and testing if desired.

Snd is great!

Best, Charles Turner

<vze26m98@optonline.net>