[CM] Re: To be wav or not to be wav -- that's not Shakespeare

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 07:32:10 -0800

It looks like either ccrma's or stanford's spam deleter was triggered
by all the extraneous double quotes in the original message -- I'll
append a slightly edited version for cmdist's sake:

(message from Meino Cramer):

When editing and saveing a *.wav file, I cannot use this one with
blender ("Unsupported audio format").

On the other hand:
When doing a

      sox <file.wav saved by snd> <new file.wav>

while both source and target are wav files, blender has no problem
with it. Interestingly sox does not complain...

May be this is a weakness of blender (dont know...I am no wav
guru... ;), but since sox generates something working from something
which does not work at least with blender, may be there is something
wrong with the wav format saved by snd ???