[CM] Re: More XP & CLM

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb@cesmail.net
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 19:26:36 -0800

Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>
>> M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>>>  Well, I got ambitious ... downloaded the Fedora Core 5 DVD iso
>>> image and
>>>  I'm building the virtual machine even as we speak. :) Fedora is
>>> telling me
>>>  I'll be done in 20 minutes, and then I'll boot it up, install
>>> Planet CCRMA
>>>  and see how big it is. Anybody here want to host the image file?? :)
>> The virtual machine is built. I haven't had a chance to test it yet,
>> but I do know how big it is -- about 3.6 GB uncompressed. Does anyone
>> here know if there are any licensing restrictions on distributing it?
>> I have some places I could post it if it's legal.
>
> Does the virtual machine include any closed source vmware code? In case:
> it might have licensing restrictions. If not: very unlikely, I guess.
> Can't make myself any clearer than that. :-)
>
> Have you tried running it with qemu instead of vmware?

I haven't been able to get qemu to even work ... I'm sure it's something
simple but I didn't have time to mess with it. In any event, if I'm
going to post it, I'll need to verify the license of every component in
it -- everything from Fedora and Planet CCRMA. I'm going to see if I can
automate that -- there's no point in even bothering with it if I can't.

http://borasky-research.blogspot.com/