[CM] defobject -> sal

Rick Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Sun, 16 Dec 2007 09:25:56 -0600

not yet, sorry!  Here is where I am right now with Sal and all this
new code: I am right in the middle of moving SAL to Grace/C++ and
Scheme, I have the lexer already working in C++ and the language is
more than half-way moved to scheme. Once that is done I will make
some adjustments to Sal that reflect differences in the undelying
envirnoments, for example the fact that Scheme has no object system
and is realtime, and CL has an object system and is file based.  At
that point ill address some features that are currently not in SAL,
like the ability to apply anonymous functions and defining objects
(for the CL version) . But since CM based code is essentially stable,
the vast majority of my effort over the next months will be building
up the scheme/real time environment.  I do plan on having a useful
binary release of Grace for both Scheme and CL sometime in the
beginning of the year -- are you teaching this next semester??