[CM] grace on windows

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Mon, 6 Aug 2007 06:58:35 -0500

Grace now builds and runs on windows using the Visual Studio C++ 8
compiler with clisp-2.41 as the lisp choice. it should also run with
the SBCL windows port but I havent been able to test this yet.

I was also able to compile and link Grace.exe using Visual Studio
Express (the free compiler) but when I double-click the app i always
get the friendly Microsoft message: "grace.exe has encountered a
problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience..."
after 2 days of uninstalling/installing various service packs and
SDKs i still cant get past this problem. if anyone knows the compiler
and can help me out i would be greatly appreciated -- i was able to
compile the juce lib and the juce demo app and they work so it must
be something stupid!

-rick