[CM] Rearranging a sequence

Landspeedrecord landspeedrecord@gmail.com
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 16:56:31 -0400

Hi,

I figured out how to load MIDI notes into a seq and now I want to
rearrange the time values in the MIDI notes.

I tried using "heap" to no avail and I figured there was a way to do
it with fold-objects or map-objects but I can't figure out how.  I was
looking in NFTML and couldn't find any helpful examples... all the
ones that are in the ball park are manipulating simple lists like '(a4
b d f c) not objects/subobjects.

Any ideas how I should approach this?  Any pages in NRTML that cover
it that I missed?

Let me know if I have the right idea here... a "seq" is a class.  If I
load a midifile into an instance of a seq (call it myseq) then myseq
will contain many instances of the class MIDI.  The time value of
those instances can be accessed using the :time keyword.  Correct?  So
my basic problem is how do I reach into "myseq", and then into a MIDI
object instance?