[CM] <kein Betreff>

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Tue, 3 Apr 2007 17:41:23 -0500

> However, when performing a lot of additional calculation the output
> loses precision.
> As i'm not receiving MIDI or OSC: is there a chance to
> schedule such under faster events mode, still having simultaneous
> audio output
> from MIDI device and SC?
> More then default latency would still be sufficient here, if this
> is an option that would help.

what do you mean by "a lot of additional calculation"?  at some point
you have to make design changes and compromises if you want to run in
real time. for example, dont consing objects and using float
calculations (im not saying this is the cause of your issues but your
code does both)
its not possbile for me to say much more except that your first job
is to determine what the performace problems arise from. is it the
pormidi side thats causeing the porblem? or sc or both?  if you can
stand latency, then try add some to pormidi, that will give you a bit
of headroom, ie (portmidi-open :latency 50)