[CM] CM and Csound API

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 13:30:40 -0500

On Sep 27, 2006, at 10:10 AM, Ken wrote:

> I am thinking of doing some work on the FFI interface to Csound so
> cm and csound can play together, through the Csound API.  I am
> primarily interested in realtime ouptut, meaning, realtime
> algorithmic generation, realtime midi recording and manipulation of
> live midi streams, and playback etc.  Are their any pointers anyone
> can provide towards these goals?

depending on what os/lisp you want to use the basic support for
realtime algorithmic synth with csound is already there. that is, on
OSX the rts scheduler works well and can handle scheduling for sort
of alorithm in real time. realtime MIDI input should also be working
too for portmidi and for midishare. these should work on linux too,
but i dont know if anyone is using either rts or cm with portmidi
there. the main bad news is that if you want to run on windows i
think rts is hopeless unless some sort of pthread library is available.