[CM] stuck on cm in emacs, w/ xp

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 06:50:26 -0500

> Hi,
> Newbie trying to start cm in emacs under xp.  Unsure about .el
> or .emacs file, and where it belongs.

IM not sure where xp xemacs puts its init.el file either. Look under
the Xemacs Options menu for an item that says "save init file" or
"save settings" or something like that and see where it writes the
"init.el" file.

That is the file that you need to edit.
Once know where that file is add this to it:

(require 'slime)
(slime-setup)
(load "C:/utah/opt/cm/etc/xemacs/cm.el")
(setq cm-program "C:/utah/opt/cm/bin/cm.bat")
(enable-cm-commands)

then save the file and restart your emacs. at that point 'M-x cm'
should start up cm using your bat file.