[CM] Crack Noise (snd-8.1)

Esben Stien b0ef@esben-stien.name
Fri, 26 May 2006 09:07:59 +0200

Esben Stien <b0ef@esben-stien.name> writes:

> I'm getting terrible crackling

I've always had this problem to some degree and I've talked to other
users who experience the same.

Is the JACK code supposed to be stable and work correctly?

I'm using JACK-0.101.1 on GNU/Linux-2.6.16 and I have no such problems
with other JACK apps except a few buggy ones (xmms2, aqualung, mixxx,
etc).

I also experience hard freeze fully reproducible with:

I evaluate the pluck code in clm-ins.scm and then use with-sound to
load it into SND. I then hit C-q a few times to play it.

Then the whole system hard freeze. I cannot even log in via ssh. There
is no log info.

I'm using SND-8.1.

Any thing I can try?

--