[CM] Re: programmed piano

Burton Samograd kruhft@gmail.com
Wed, 17 May 2006 09:15:08 -0600

Emre Sevinç <emres@bilgi.edu.tr> writes:
> Where can we find your Common Music source code for that mp3s?

To be honest, I don't have it any more since I was just doing a
write/modify/render cycle; ie. just playing around to test some
techniques and see what they would sound like.  I'm planning on
completing a full length album in near future and will be saving all
the code for that project.

The only thing about the code, is that these songs are all unique.
Each run of the program produces a new version, so the code is really
more of a song 'style' generator...  My main goal is to produce an
infinite piano 'player', following the ideas of John Cage and his
future music theory (I can't remember hist quote at the moment, but it
had to do with recordings being obsolete and people will just listen
to programs that continuously generate music for you).

--
burton samograd					kruhft .at. gmail
kruhft.blogspot.com	www.myspace.com/kruhft	metashell.blogspot.com