[CM] Tuning question

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 06:26:55 -0500

> lowest note. However, when the cents list does not begin with 0, it
> doesn't
> seem to consistently specify the distance between adjacent steps. For

thanks, this is a bug. it seems the code simply looks for increasing
order, not the starting value, to determine if the series is steps
(relative distance ) or degrees (absolute)

so it takes (100 200) and  thinks that these are degrees because they
are monotonically increasing :/ . if you switch: (200 100) then it
works:

CM> (setq foo (new tuning :name 'one :cents '(200 100) :lowest 261.625))
#<tuning "one">

CM> (setq bar (loop for i to 3 collect (hertz i :in foo)))
(261.625 293.66412 311.1263 349.22748)

CM> (note bar :hz)
(C4 D4 EF4 F4)

according to the documentation it should be explicitly looking for an
initial cent value of 0 (or scaler of 1 i guess) to determine if its
step or degree values. ill try to fix this later today.