[CM] mixing cmn and midi data in cm-2.7?

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 12:59:18 -0600

> trying to output this to a cmn file throws this error (in
> cmucl-19c, of course):
> No matching method for the generic function
> #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION CMN::ODB-ONSET (2) {58F361B1}>, when
> called with
> arguments (#<CMN::SCORE-OBJECT-LIST {58393395}>).
>   [Condition of type PCL::NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD-ERROR]

if you send me a little test example ill try to find out what is
going wrong. it appears to be sending someting over to cmn but i cant
tell much from this error message.

> if i change the (new cmn ... so it has a :note and a :duration
> there's no error, but the output contains two notes (the midi and
> the cmn) every time the condition is met.

i take it then that outputting cmn objects without a duration never
work?

> surely there's a more elegant and general way to do this? i'd
> rather not have to change the output function of my algorithm
> depending upon whether i want to see something (.cmn) or hear it
> (midi).

you shoudlnt need midi objects at all, cmn objects with :note
and :duration should output to midifiles ok. doest that not work either?