[CM] CM and CM-GTK (newbie)

christopher melen chris_melen@yahoo.com
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 06:43:16 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I've got CM up and running nicely in CMUCL on Debian
(Sarge), but I'm having difficulty with CM-GTK. When I
attempt to load it with (use-system :cm-gtk) I get the
following -

((FLET LIBPATH
   )
 "libgtk-x11-2.0")
Source: (ERROR
         "Library ~S not found. Either GTK is not
installed or else cl-user:*gtk-libdir* needs to be set
to the directory containing GTK on your machine."

I have tried using -

(defparameter cl-user::*gtk-libdir*
"/path/to/gtk2/libs/")

with various path variations before loading CM, but no
luck...

I have a feeling I'm probably going to have to edit a
configuration file somewhere(!), but I'm not sure
exactly where. Any suggestions as to how to solve this
problem would be greatly appreciated!

BTW, I'm a relative newbie to both linux and lisp.

Thanks,
Chris

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html