[CM] real-time common music

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 19:31:42 -0500

im not excactly sure what you are after, but here are some pieces

1. depending on what lisp you use, the rts package will let you
schedule cm processes to run in real time. it works very well on
osx/openmcl and it should work in sbcl/linux as well, but i havent
tested it extensively there at all.

2. cm's osc systemm will let you send/receive osc packets in real time.
Actually im not sure if todd ever finished the port of osc to C,
perhaps he can comment.

3. what will actually make the sound? you could certainly send osc or
midi to an exterrnal app to make the sound; if you want to make the
sound in lisp, todd might have something to say about that too.