[CM] Re: Play Head (SND-8.3)

Olivier Doaré nolv@free.fr
Thu, 03 Aug 2006 11:08:47 +0200

Selon Bill Schottstaedt <bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>:

> > I was trying to obtain something that closely looks like Sound Forge
>
> I'd like to include this in the Snd tarball, if possible -- others have
> asked for such a package.  I haven't done much of the Ruby work,
> since Mike is so good at it, and I am a beginner, but I could probably
> handle ladspa.rb -- I'll look at it tomorrow.

I would be so glad to see my conf file in the snd tarball! But note that since
it is a fork of Kjetil S. Matheussen's work and i am not fluent in scheme,
there are some portions of code i do not understand. Moreover, i noticed that
sometimes it gets broken when upgrading snd. This prevented me to share my code
with others, but i understand it could be very useful for many of us. So i'll
make an effort... maybe at the end of august you'll get a not too dirty scheme
file.

This is the right time to expose some problems i have to improve my code, if
something can be done from your side:
* Ctrl + mouse click works with buttons 1, 2, 3 but not with 4 and 5 (wheel). In
SoundForge the wheel zooms horizontally, and ctrl+wheel zooms vertically. Is it
a X, gtk, gtk-guile or a snd bug?
* I don't know how to handle double-click... is it possible?
* maybe others, i don't remember.

Best wishes,
--
Olivier