[CM] Trouble using tunings

Anthony Kozar anthonykozar@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 03 Oct 2005 16:14:54 -0400

Hello,

I am having trouble getting tunings to work with note names containing
octave specifiers.  I am using CM 2.3.4 in MCL 4.3.1.

After loading the example file scales.cm, I tried the following statements:

? (hertz 'a4)
440.0
? (hertz 'a4 :in #!meantone)
> Error: a4 is not a note in #<tuning: "meantone">.
> While executing: #<standard-method tuning-note->hertz (tuning t t)>
> Type Command-. to abort.
See the RestartsŠ menu item for further choices.
1 >
Aborted
? (hertz 'a :in #!meantone)
218.48034899614788

As you can see, the hertz function works fine with the standard scale or
with the meantone scale without the octave specifier.

It seems to me that this used to work because I have an audio file rendered
with Csound using the Just Intonation scale from Common Music (the same
version of CM too!).  I just do not have the exact CM code that I used to
create it anymore.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Anthony Kozar
anthonykozar AT sbcglobal DOT net