[CM] Re: A question about GUI rpogramming for SND (cristopher pierson ewing)

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@notam02.no> k.s.matheussen@notam02.no
Thu, 26 May 2005 12:13:34 +0200 (CEST)

cristopher pierson ewing:

> It appears from my experimentation that all the elements of a gui widget
> must be defined and loaded at start-up.  In other words, if I have a
> widget that is a slider with a minimum and a maximum value, those values
> must be defined when the program is loaded.  Is this true?
>
> If so, is there any way that I can modify the default values for a slider,
> say, when the window containing it is opened?

I don't know, but I would guess that something like this should do:

(define (set-min-max-for-slider slider min max)
  (XtVaSetValues slider (list XmNminimum min
                                         XmNmaximum max)))