[CM] Using MidiShare with CM and Linux: A brief tutorial

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb@cesmail.net
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 07:43:27 -0800

Dave Phillips wrote:

[snip]

Two questions:

1. Has anyone successfully built MidiShare with Gentoo Linux? I tried
once and couldn't tell whether it was working or not. It's not something
I need to have, so I haven't really spent much time with it.

2. What is the licensing status of MidiShare? Can it legally be packaged
and distributed with Planet CCRMA, Debian, DeMuDi or Gentoo? The last
time I looked, you were free to download it and use it, but not to
distribute it. If it *can* be re-distributed, I can probably get it
packaged for Gentoo. You Debian and Fedora folk are on your own, though :).