[CM] linux and midishare

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:25:56 -0600

On Mar 24, 2005, at 8:56 AM, Dave Phillips wrote:
>>  If I run this code:
>>
>>     (sprout (rankeys 30 200 250 60 90) 2000)
> I get this error at the Lisp prompt:

Yes, sprouting processes "interactivly" (ie scheduling them in "real
time") via Midishare wont work on Linux because -- at the time I added
this code -- callbacks were not supported in CMUCL (see the top of
midi-topic.html where is says it only works in osx/openmcl.) However,
now that callbacks are part of CMUCL (and soon in SBCL) it might very
well be possible to get this working on linux now.  Unfortunately, i
dont know what sort of timeframe you are hoping for --  i also have to
start a new piece so I dont know how much time im going to have for new
features over the next few months.