[CM] cm cvs, portmidi question

Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:40:05 -0800

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 09:40 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 20:23 -0600, Rick Taube wrote:
> > im almost postive that is not possible to rescan in portmidi, the
> > devices are read only one time when it is opened. i think this bites
> > every user, it certainly has me.
>
> Wow... not very usable if you ask me. There has to be a way, right?

If you don't have connections open you can, apparently, call:
  (pm:terminate)
  (pm:initialize)
and then you'll see the new clients, if any.
I tried to do that while I had rts going and the result was not
pretty ;-) Tons of error messages scrolling by, I did not try to make
sense of it, just quit the whole thing.

-- Fernando