[CM] cm cvs, cffi location

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:24:51 -0600

asdf does not have this built-in (it should...)

i added the bin-directory feature for CM by providing a method on
asdf:output-files.

(defmethod asdf:output-files ((operation asdf:compile-op) (f
cm-source-file))
   ;; make compile pathnames include the bin directory
   (list (fasl-pathname (asdf:component-pathname f))))

I have a cm-soure-file subclass because CM also has to generate cltl
files from scheme...
The (fasl-pathname ) function simply grafts *cm-bin-directory* into a
pathname and is generic lisp code:

(defun fasl-pathname (file)
   (make-pathname :directory (pathname-directory *cm-bin-directory*)
                  :type (pathname-type (compile-file-pathname file))
                  :defaults file))

itt would be easy for the asdf maintainers to add a :bin-directory slot
to the asdf:system class and have binary directories be a general
feature, but you would have to contact the asdf folks.