[CM] rts and pdsend/osc

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 07:29:41 -0600

> Hi,
>
> I would like to use the rts system to send messages to pd via pdsend
> (or alternatively using osc). I saw there is some osc related code for
> supercollider but it doesnt't seem to be realtime yet.

Orm, Todd has osc "real-time" stream for supercollider (see
cmm/etc/examples/rt-sc.cm) that is based on an lower "real-time" class
called OSC-STREAM

osc-stream can be used to "connect" to any program via udp/osc
messaging. to connect to PD or whatever, you would do

(defparameter *pd*
    (new osc-stream :remote-host "n.n.n.n" :remote-port 123 :local-port
123))

with proper values for the remove/local settings. perhaps the best way
to see an overview of this factility is to open a CMIO window  and
select the OSC page in the SYstems notebook. Then select "Realtime" in
the compose section to activate it.

> the disassembling of the strings). I would like to do it in a way that
> a "pdsend" event class could be defined in cm.

go for it :)