[CM] cm cvs, clm integration...

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:51:11 -0800

Hi all, I'm trying to package the new (cvs) version of cm, and it is not
so easy as the build system has changed. For now I'm trying sbcl as it
seems to have the best support at the moment.

I used to have:
  cm source: /usr/share/common-lisp/source/cm/
  cm binaries: /usr/lib/sbcl/cm/

I can do something like this (called from the startup script):
====
  (defvar *cm-directory* "/usr/share/common-lisp/source/cm/")
  (defvar *cm-bin-directory* "/usr/lib/sbcl/cm/")
  (load "/usr/share/common-lisp/source/cm/src/cm.lisp")
  (cm)
====
and Common Music loads happily...

Now, how do I best integrate clm (and later cmn, etc) into this scheme?
This is where things used to live:
  clm source: /usr/share/common-lisp/source/clm/
  clm binaries: /usr/lib/sbcl/clm/
Note that the source for clm is not inside the cm source directory.

I have tried several things and nothing seems to work quite right
without having to change sources and hardwire paths. Binaries for both
cm and clm have already been compiled, are up to date, and live in the
directories outlined above.

More details later as I try more things...
-- Fernando