[CM] Re: SND as a pd-external.

Kjetil S. Matheussen kjetil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 19:26:44 -0800 (PST)

Frank Barknecht:
>Now that I can breathe again, I have a quick question: Is guile-1.7
>required?

Yes, unfortunately, guile-1.6.4 doesn't seem to work very well with
pthreads. (Actually, it doesn't work at all.) And snd run in its own
pthread.

shreeswifty:
>Now that frank can breathe again, is it only linux?

Hmm, well, you should be able to use macosx or windows as well,
but I don't know how. For windows, you can compile snd with cygwin,
but I don't know linking options.
For macosx, something like this might work:

./configure --with-snd-as-pd-external
(wait until it fails)

cc -DPD -O2 -DINCLUDEPATH=\""`pwd`"\" -bundle -undefined suppress -flat_namespace -o snd.pd_darwin *.o