[CM] Re: cannot run cm script on Linux SBCL

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 21:15:57 -0500

> Or: how do you know if a given sbcl has callbacks?

this is a good question. I havent tried to build sbcl from sources and
so i dont know if callbacks are in 0.9.2. But one other gotcha -- the
thread api seems to have changed a bit between 0.9.0 and 0.9.2. its no
big deal in itself but its really impossible for me to try to account
for all the differences in the minor releases since so many (good)
things are happening in sbcl now.

I think maybe cm should hold at the binary release 0.9.0 until there is
another binary release  that contains their x86 callback support (so
gtk can run again) and, of course, their new thread stuff
just my opinion.

--rick