[CM] Re: cannot run cm script on Linux SBCL

Juan Reyes juanig@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 02 Aug 2005 09:57:00 -0700

Thanks a lot Rick

> if you decide you dont need/want the gui (option 2) then really you
> should just move up to sbcl 0.9.0 -- it already refuses to build gtk
> (since callbacks dont work there at all) BUT you can then try out the
> realtime code if you want (sans slime for now).

I decided to install sbcl-0.9.0.18-1 RPM binary from the SBCL
sourceforge site because on planetCCRMA´s 0.8.16, I had already compiled
a new sbcl.core with the callback support alien function package. On
0.8.16 the graphic gtk stuff compiles but as you said the sbcl posix
support has changed.

Also because on sbcl-0.9.0.18-1, I was able to compile and load CMN. The
make.lisp function saves CMN with CM to be run with the bin/cm.sh
script. Therefore if I am lucky I think I will have CMN, midishare,
portmidi running on this cm image (know on wood).

 --* Juan