[CM] Re: cannot run cm script on Linux SBCL

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 17:43:59 -0500

Hi Juan, ok thansk Ill take a look. in the meantime just dont save the
image -- Once you compile gtk it only takes seconds to load from the
fasls.
	cm -l sbcl -e emacs &

Note that SBCL is a bit of problem for me right now, it seems that:

1. sbcl 0.9.n doesnt support callbacks so GTK and CM gui cant be used
2. sbcl 0.8.n doesnt support threads so realtime wont be usefulg

on the positive side, Ken reports that in the Planet CCRMA distro using
sbcl 0.9.0 the new real time stuff seem to works well and is fast. the
only problem so far seems to be that if you run with slime you will
eventually get a n error when you receive.

--rick