[CM] CM for live performance

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:00:07 -0500

> What about RScheme? (www.rscheme.org). I haven't investegated that
> much,

Hi, yes I did take a brief look at rscheme but its oop documentation
was so sparse i couldnt tell if the object system was reasonable or
not.  i didn't consider its restriction of method dispatching on only
one argument "reasonable" but in fairness it did seem to have some
add-on that allowed multi dispatch.  At any rate I decided to make
gauche and stklos the  first effort because they are really pretty
close to guile and so i think i understand what to do.

CM doesnt really need all that much from an object system -- and can be
made even less needy -- but at some point i simply throw up my hands.

> but from what I have, I thought RScheme was the only (reasonable
> complete)
> scheme implementation with a realtime safe garbage collector?

cm's scheduler is consless, so if you preallocate things, stick to
fixnums and/or use resources you can keep user garbage down.