[CM] CM for live performance

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters@0x09.com
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:19:48 -0700

Hmm.. Midishare isn't quite my cup of tea because of an almost
superstitious aversion I have to Midi. I find that it ties me too much
to a concept of triggers and notes, though I'm sure it's possible to
move away from that.

It seems that currently the best application of Lisp for real-time
performance would be as a frontend to another sound server (Pd or
SuperCollider, etc.) via OSC or similar interface. The Pd qlist plugin
offers one such interesting opportunity.

rt-engine looks more like what I'm looking for. I'll definitely take a
closer look at that.

Thanks all for the advice.
Best,
Ian