[CM] extract track regions

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 12:51:16 -0500

Ok I put it on pinhead
	http://pinhead.music.uiuc.edu/~hkt/sampling.tar.gz

there are two files
1 samples.lisp contains the CLM code to find/preview/cut the samples
from an audio file.
2 flute.lisp is an example file that parses/cuts flute samples from the
Universtiy of Iowa's sample database.

the two main functions in sample.lisp are parse-samples and
cut-samples. i looked at parse-samples and it seems that I use the lisp
loop only so that I can return a  Lisp list as the result of the call
to the instrument :/
and there are probably better ways to do this (i wrote this code
several years ago blah blah blah...)
also, you may have to fiddle with wait-dac if you are not in openmcl --
i needed some way to tell sndplay to preview one sample file at a time,
ie wait for one to finish playng before moving on to the next sample
file. I _think_ snddplay now does this via a switch...

i also have some related files: vkey.ins is a "virtual key" object that
you  can use to do concrete with a sample database that you cut that
does basic mixing, filtering and timestreatching. it  contains some
replacemnt CLM instrumnts that Michael Klilngbeil wrote so that the
instruments could work with more than stero files. Im pretty sure that
he wont mind if this code is posted, if hes ok i can also make this
stuff available if anyone is interested.