[CM] snd - channel number during installation

Peter Lutek peter@peterlutek.com
Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:17:40 -0500

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 10:00, Bill Schottstaedt wrote:
>  > I hope that will be a feature in the near future. Until this time I have to
>  > cope with the many many channels ;-)
>
> I could easily add a variable for this -- one exists already
> in a hidden (debugging) context, but I wasn't sure how it would
> interact with the various audio choices -- I'll try to get around
> to it later today.  I assume you'd want to say something like
> "record n chans and ignore the rest", or "record chan 3 and 123..."?

i have a similar issue with my RME Multiface -- 18 ins and 18 outs
overflow my display space. personally, i would suggest your latter
example, so that the user may choose any arbitrary (and not necessarily
contiguous) set of channels.

thanks, bill!

-p