[CM] Building snd from source

Meino Christian Cramer Meino.Cramer@gmx.de
Fri, 21 May 2004 03:10:08 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

 I tried to build snd from source, which I freshly downloaded.

 I entered different problems.

 My question is:
  Is it recommended (for a building-snd-from-source-newbie) to build
  it with the motif or the gtk interface? ;)
  Do both interfaces provide the same functionality?

  My resulting snd does soemtimes enter an endless loop when first
  pressing "play in loop" and then "stop" -- I was bombed with "Too
  many files open" messages and had to reboot, since the computer
  was so busy in looping that it does not to respond to key input
  anymore.

  Another thing while playing in loop:
  Sometimes the volume steadily increases with every loop until it was
  totally distorted.

  What did I so wrong here ?

  Kind regards,
  Meino