[CM] newbie setup CLM + CMUCL

28 Mar 2004 11:42:17 -0800

> I am trying to do the example in the manual so i do...
>
> (require :clm)

It would seem you are using the Planet CCRMA packages? What version? On
which version of RedHat/Fedora Core?

> that works fine
> (compile-file "v.ins")
> that works fine
> (load "v.cmucl")
> that works fine
> (with-sound () (fm-violin 0 1 440 .1))
> this gives an error
>
>  Warning: 440.0 is not a known argument keyword.

This warning is strange, I have never seen it before. Are you starting
cm+clm? Could you try just clm? If you are using the Planet CCRMA
packages then start with:
  /usr/bin/clm-cmucl

Recompile the instrument and try again.

> Type-error in KERNEL::OBJECT-NOT-TYPE-ERROR-HANDLER:
>    -1088380920 is not of type (UNSIGNED-BYTE 32)
>    [Condition of type TYPE-ERROR]
>
> Restarts:
>   0: [ABORT] Return to Top-Level.

Weird again... I don't see that in my system.
Please send us more data on the system you are using.
-- Fernando