[CM] yuk yuk yuk

Bill Sack wsack@acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:25:29 -0500

well, i thought it was funny! when i write 'interactive' pieces, i
generally use cm to make the actual data that the pd patch calls on.
it's easier for me to think algorithmically in lisp: very easy to do
things in cm that would be a real pain in pd or max. i guess i should
work up a cm output stream that writes qlist data for pd ...

on a semi-related topic: does anyone have an easy way to write cm data
to the "pmn" function (proportional notation) in cmn? this would mean
passing rhythm to the cmn objects explicitly as "offset" values. i'm
working on an interactive piece, and want some score representation of
the "computer" part to cue the human performer. the rhythmic values of
the computer stuff are absolutely stupid and irrelevant to the performer
- they only need to know the relative order of events and their
approximate rhythm.

also, it seems that the 'cmn' output object doesn't exist in 2.4, as in:

(output (new cmn time (now) channel ch
			    data (list bla...

i used to use it for adding dynamics and articulations and other
niceties to my scores. i tried something like this yesterday in 2.4 and
it produced an error ... i don't recall exactly what it was, sorry. what
method has taken its place?

if anyone can help out with either of these two issues, i'd be very
appreciative.

thanks,
bill