[CM] error on snd startup

cristopher pierson ewing cewing@u.washington.edu
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:07:40 -0700 (PDT)

Bill et al,

Okay.  So I did find another location where guile 1.4 was hiding.  It was
in /usr/local/share/guile/1.4  (I swear I didn't put it there!).  I killed
that and retried, no luck, but a different error message.  I started
looking through fink again just 'cuz I was tired of this all, and
discovered that there is a guile16-dev package that I hadn't installed.  I
figured what the heck, couldn't hurt, so I installed that package and
retried the snd compile and BAM! it works.  Thanks for all who offered
advice on the problems of the last few days, and good luck to anyone else
looking to install in OS X.  It's a fun road, but totally worth it in the
end.

Thanks,

Cris Ewing
CME and Telehealth Web Services