[CM] customzing *-play-midi-file

Terrence Brannon metaperl@urth.org
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 07:56:29 -0400

Hi,

Thanks to Rick Taube, I got Commonmusic up and running under Cygwin. The
docs for usage with Xemacs were excellent (as is the Lisp listener
itself). So, I have cm-2.4.1 up and running under Xemacs and Cygwin.

I have timidity setup with instruments --- it can play midi files
generated by cm... however, I do not know how to configure
win-play-midi-file so that it makes a shell call to timidity.exe with a
filename.

Evaluating the forms in intro.cm one-by-one leads to the following error:

 /\\\
---\\\---------
----\\\--------
----/\\\------- Common Music 2.4.1
---/--\\\------
--/----\\\-----
 /      \\\/

guile> guile> #<procedure #f ()>
guile> "test.midi"
guile> guile> C:Program: not found
"test.midi"
guile>

This error occurs when evaluating:

   (events (sinus 80 4 20 100 .1 .1 .6) "test.midi")

--
mathematics: the science of quantity, shape, and arrangement
computersci: the science of information description and transformation