[CM] Making changes to snd's gui

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen k.s.matheussen@notam02.no
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:24:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Guillaume Germain wrote:

> Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:
>
> >Guillaume Germain:
> >

> >>[...]
> >>

> >It should be quite easy to do this in scheme. Take a look at the
> >mark and selection handling code I have made in gui.scm and
> >snd_conffile.scm.
> >
> >Something like this could be a start:
> >
> >[...]
> >

> Thanks a lot for your suggestions and pointers. This is really helping
> me to get started.
>
> I've hit a few small snags trying to make 'snd_conffile.scm' works. I
> have what I think is the latest version (July 12th), and compiled with
> "./configure --with-gtk". The first problem was that Guile reported
> 'gtk_widget_get_name' to be undefined. I've traced that problem back to
> the 'xg' module loading code, present in a few files ('gui.scm',
> 'gtk-popup.scm', 'snd-gtk.scm', ...), where xm.so is loaded instead of
> xg.so:

I think that is correct, actually. Its name is actually xm.so, even for
gtk.(?) Anyway, configure snd with the --static-xm switch to fix this.

> I found loading "snd_conffile.scm" to be very illustrative of the power
> of snd, and I'd like to take that opportunity to thank all those who
> contributed to make that great piece of software.

Thank you. Yesterday, I added automation for ladspa plugins. Heres a
screen-shot: http://folk.uio.no/ksvalast/snd_ladspa_automation.png
(Code has just been sent to Bill)