[CM] Basic problem with CM:events (?)

Larry Troxler lt@westnet.com
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:48:56 -0500

Another basic question, as I'm getting things set up.  It seems, using the
stock cm-2.4.2., built and loaded as per instructions, I get the following
type of error. I get the same error if I try to write a CLM event. FWIW,
(io-stream-classes) returns an empty list always.

I know I must be missing something obvious here.

Larry Troxler

CMU Common Lisp 18d, running on dhcp-65-131
Send questions to cmucl-help@cons.org. and bug reports to cmucl-imp@cons.org.
Loaded subsystems:
    Python 1.0, target Intel x86
    CLOS based on PCL version:  September 16 92 PCL (f)
* (events (new midi time 0 keynum 30 duration 1) "test.midi")

Error in function FILENAME->IO-CLASS:  No file or port class for "test.midi".

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Return to Top-Level.

Debug  (type H for help)

(FILENAME->IO-CLASS "test.midi")
Source:
; File: /root/cm-2.4.2/src/io.lisp
(ERROR "No file or port class for ~s." PATH)
0]