[CM] cm and MCL 5.0

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 13:01:20 -0600

 >Has anyone had any luck building cm 2.4.0 or 2.4.1 with MCL 5.0? If
so, any hints would be appreciated.

With a few cosmetic changes CM 2.4.1 now builds fine in MCL 5.0.
However, the EOL problem(s) you were having with MCL still exist: you
will have to make sure that you convert all CM text files to Macintosh
file format before you try to build.  The method I suggest (flip -m *)
works fine. I guess Ill add this to the troubleshooting tips in
install.html

To get the changes do 'cvs update' or else simply 'cvs checkout cm'
again. (You may have to wait some hours for the CVS changes to migrate
to sourceforges' anon. server;  the relevant files are "mcl.lisp"
(revision 1.5) and "make.lisp" (revison 1.26)

To save a lisp image in mcl, boot MCL 5.0 and do
	(load "cm/src/make.lisp")
	(make-cm :save-image t)

that will generate/compile/load and save the Common Music application
in the folder "cm/bin/mcl_5.0_darwin-powerpc/".
you will then have to copy or link the MCL  shared libs from the MCL
5.0 folder to this directory before you double click the app.

Thank you very much to the people that have sent me problem reports: if
i havent received any more ill tag the releasae and upload the
cm-2.4.1.tar.gz file to souceforge this weekend.

-rick