[CM] MIDI file conversion routine

T. Kriewall kriewall@u.washington.edu
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 23:07:01 -0800 (PST)

Before I go *too* far with this...

I'm looking for a Lisp routine that loads a MIDI file, in any format, even
a MIDI file that has been converted to text, and creates from it three
lists: the note on number of all notes played, their duration, and their
velocity.  If one is not available, I'd like to write up a brief routine
that does so.  This will unfortunately involve me asking some rather
embarrassing low-level questions, although I can go quite a ways with just
a little help.  Does anybody know of a routine that does this?

Incidentally, if there's a usergroup out there for beginning Lispers,
please let me know.  I'm at a notably lesser skill level than many on this
list (but I'm catching up! :)

Thanks,

Tom K