[CM] snd-file-type in "save selection"

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl@folkwang-hochschule.de
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:34:40 +0100

Hello,

I have to save lots of short excerpts of a large soundfile as seperate
files. Using the keyboard shortcut C-x w to save the current region
results in a mus-next formatted soundfile although the default type is
set to mus-riff and the format and samplerate are also set accordingly
in my .snd file. If I use the menu, everything works as expected and
the wav format is displayed as the default.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there any way to avoid using the
mouse and file dialogs or is there a straightforward way to convert
the files afterwards? Sox complains about invalid headers with the
mus-next files.

Thanks for ideas,
Orm