[CM] Planet CCRMA, ALSA, and SB PCI 512

James Ravan jamesravan@comcast.net
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:28:10 -0500

All,

Slightly off topic, I'm trying to transition to Planet CCRMA from Windows
XP. I've upgraded my XP drivers and can hear my SB PCI 512 card under
Windows just fine, so I know the hardware's OK. But under Planet
CCRMA/Fedora Core 1, I can't hear the card at all. I'm at the "upgrade
kernel and install ALSA" stage. And no, I didn't check whether I could hear
the card under OSS before installing ALSA. The instructions were clear
enough that I thought it would just work.

Anyone have ideas about how I can track down the problem? There do *not*
seem to be any OSS modules running, at least as far as modules.conf says or
I can see from /sbin/lsmod. All the alsa modules seem to have been loaded
and are running. alsamixer seems to think the volumes are up and noone is
muted.

Any help would be much appreciated,
-jim