[CM] How do I reference a network share?

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:59:00 -0500

hmmm. CM does not touch CLtL's 'load' function nor does it do anything
to pathname functions or pathname variables.
So I dont know what the difference that you report could be due to.
However i notice that the string that fails in CM:
	 "/Volumes/WORKSTATION\;EPS042002/test.cm"

is the same one that causes you problems in the first case:

> In CCL (dppccl), (load "/Volumes/WORKSTATION\;EPS042002/test.cm")
> gives 'Illegal directory string "/Volumes/WORKSTATION;EPS042002/"
> while executing:  CCL::%DIRECTORY-STRING-LIST
[..]
> However, in CM (load "/Volumes/WORKSTATION\;EPS042002/test.cm") gives
> 'Error in process listener(2): File
> "/Volumes/WORKSTATION\\;EPS042002/test.cm" does not exist'

what happens when you use the double \\ as in the case that succeeded,
ie please send me

(load "/Volumes/WORKSTATION\\;EPS042002/test.cm")

Im also very confuced as to why you are getting different error
messages for the same problem in the same lisp --  Exactly waht Lisp
implmentation version are you using? Maybe you coud include the value
of  (lisp-implementation-version) in each error you report so I can
understand better exacltly which lisp you are using.