[CM] What do I call a network drive

Phil Sobolik epsobolik@rcn.com
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:23:56 -0400

It's not my name.  That's just what OS X did when I connected to the drive
on the server.  What I find interesting is that WORKGROUP is the name of
the network workgroup and EPS042002 is the name of the Windows
server.  Where is the name of the drive?  BTW, if I browse to Network -
WORKGROUP I see that EPS042002 is an alias.  If I copy it and paste into my
home directory, it creates a folder and copies all the files into.

In a terminal window, I can ls /Volumes/WORKGROUP\;EPS042002 but ls
/Network/WORKGROUP/EPS042002 just gives me /Network/WORKGROUP/EPS042002
back again