[CM] buffersize in snd/cursor in playback

Juan Reyes juanig@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 04:29:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Orm,

In regards to question one, in Linux I use the jacklaunch command
preceeding snd or sndplay and helps the situation. Jacklaunch is part of
Libjackasyn but you also need the the Jack audio server. Libjackasyn and
Jack are in planet CCRMA. I have used it with 8 channel soundfiles and
really improves playback but depending on your operating system you might
want to stop crond processes and may be use another hard drive as audio
spare in order to help improving latency and reducing underruns.

  -- Juan